Message #1 from Ms. Vella's Virtual Art Studio

We have made some really unique sculptures in art classes this winter. With the unexpected closing of school, I am disappointed that many of these works of art will have to wait to be finished and brought home. I thought this would be a great opportunity to share some pictures of our students at work in the art room. I'll be using my blog to communicate to students and families in the next few weeks. 

I'll post some pictures of projects I've been working on at home (with my 2-year old, Silas), as well as give you some ideas about what you might want to do to engage creatively with the world while at home. 

Visit my blog again next week: I'll be posting my very first video episode of what I like to call, Ms. Vella's Virtual Art Studio!

Below, I'm sharing pictures of Kindergarten working on Wooden Architecture, 1st Graders transforming unwanted shoes into art, and 2nd Graders making plaster masks. These artworks were created this past February and March.


















Comments

  1. unsure why google has my name wrong, but this is Azalea's mom. she misses your art class, so i cant wait to explore your activities with her! i am lucky, she showed me her sculpture when we picked up packets last week. thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment